1981 XV920RH monoshock charge or replacement?

1981 XV920RH monoshock charge or replacement?

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
My chain drive Eurosport 920 with 30,000 miles runs pretty much perfectly but has a tragically inadequate rear suspension.  Does anyone (Bill,are you out there?) have a suggestion on fixing the problem?  I have 2 rear shock units, one off of ebay, neither seems to give me any suspension travel - I bottom out on bumps.  Both hold air at 40-50 lbs, but it doesn't seem like enough.  I am open to suggestions, I would buy a new one if I can afford it, or send mine off to be rebuilt.  Thanks, Paul in Mt.

Re: 1981 XV920RH monoshock charge or replacement?

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Mono shock, right? The 920's and early 750's had a mono shock rear
suspension system. The travel was short at best. Some have replaced the
coil spring with a stronger one, but I am not sure if you can still find
them or not. You may be able to have one fabricated. If you do, it will
make the ride a lot stiffer. Top pressure in the rear shock was 58 lbs
if memory serves. This might give you some ideas.
http://www.viragotechforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17135

Bill

On 8/19/2016 4:55 PM, [hidden email] [ViragoTech] wrote:

> My chain drive Eurosport 920 with 30,000 miles runs pretty much
> perfectly but has a tragically inadequate rear suspension.  Does
> anyone (Bill,are you out there?) have a suggestion on fixing the
> problem?  I have 2 rear shock units, one off of ebay, neither seems to
> give me any suspension travel - I bottom out on bumps.  Both hold air
> at 40-50 lbs, but it doesn't seem like enough.  I am open to
> suggestions, I would buy a new one if I can afford it, or send mine
> off to be rebuilt.  Thanks, Paul in Mt.

Re: 1981 XV920RH monoshock charge or replacement?

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Hello
Check out Hagon shocks.
They make a straight swap for the original mono shock.
I installed one in my 1981 virago cafe racer and it is fully adjustable and works well.
Michael.

Sent from my iPhone