1982 920J: No Ignition, but some lighting

1982 920J: No Ignition, but some lighting

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
New battery, fully charged. Replaced starter motor with new 4-brush unit. Cleaned grounding contacts. Cleaned *all* electrical contacts throughout bike. Went through starter button and switch gear.

 When I turn on the key ignition, I get the tail light and brake lights coming on. Cycom readout displays all info, and nothing on it is flashing. Hazard light circuit works.

 Is there something in the Cycom failing to activate the ignition, and do I need to delete it to get the bike running?

Re: 1982 920J: No Ignition, but some lighting

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
I take it you have no spark. Check The safety switches on the side Stan clutch and neutral anyone of those being in the wrong position will keep you from having spark.

Sent from my iPhone