1984 Virago XV750L

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Hi,

  Living in a climate where you put the bike away in the winter the bike stayed idle for three months, with stabilizer. In March of this year I couldn't get the bike to start, Seafoam, new gas and spark plugs seemed to do the trick, but a popping was heard, couple big ones, then seemed to stop and riding great.

 Day or so ago I was riding and noticed that my bike started heaving a bit, the engine was sluggish. There was popping at low rpm, even a couple massive pops that rang my ears. Believing it to be a carburator issue I removed my carbs, cleaned out the jets, needles etcetera. Put everything back and it rides better at higher rpm's and after 3rd gear. However there's still the sluggishness at idle.

 Not sure what to do next, I have been given advice at looking at timing but don't know. I had my valves adjusted in November of this year. Bit frustrated.

 Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

 Julian

Re: 1984 Virago XV750L

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Sounds like one of the pilot jets is partially plugged. When you cleaned
the carbs, how did you do it? Did you replace the O rings on the pilot
screws and adjust the pilot screws to 1.5 turns out from a soft seat?

Bill