1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE
hi guys or girls.i have a 1986 xv1100,and I am having a heck of a time locating a cylinder head cover with intact rubber gromits.im limited to London Ontario and cant find the gaskets at any dealer or salvage place here.the dealers say they don't make them anymore.and I don't have a credit card so it kind of makes it even harder.was wondering is there a way around this?do I need the metal cover with the gromits inside or will it seal by using just the metal washers already on it.i guess they call them gaskets as well.someone please help.heres a few pics and a diagram.im new at this.i think I did everything right to receive emails from this forum,but if not,please send your thoughts or ideas to ll.meikle@outlook.com

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

ViragoJoe
This post was updated on .
Lance,
That part is called a
Cover, Cylinder Head 3 1RM-1112E-00-00 and
Grommet P/N 90480-23444-00.  Not available at most dealers today, if at all.

If you have Harbor Freight Stores in Ontario, Canada go and purchase a plastic contained of various sized grommets.

You may not find an exact size you need, however, may find one that will do the job.  If there aren't any Harbor Freight Stores in Ontario.  Cross over to the United States there are several there just across the boarder from you.  If memory servers, the Michigan boarder is about 150 miles from London or to save on a trip.  Go on line to Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/180-piece-harness-grommet-set-67582.html

Hope, this helps you out.

ViragoJoe
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE

il take a look,thanks so much 😊

That part is called a Grommet P/N 90480-23444-00.  Not available at most dealers today, if at all.

http://yamaha-virago.17922.x6.nabble.com/1986-yamaha-xv1100-virago-cylinderhead-cover-tp5011960p5011962.html
To unsubscribe from 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover, click here.
NAML

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

ViragoJoe
Lance,
How close are you to the Delta Armories in downtown London?

ViragoJoe
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE

not far at all ?

http://yamaha-virago.17922.x6.nabble.com/1986-yamaha-xv1100-virago-cylinderhead-cover-tp5011960p5011965.html
To unsubscribe from 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover, click here.
NAML

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

ViragoJoe
When I'm in London that is where I stay usually.  I'm in London, Cambridge, Kitchner, and Strafford often.  Worked with a gentlemen who lived in Windsor before he retired.  My kids, when they were small, use to play in Victoria Park just down the street from the Amories.  It's a small world my friend.  This summer, I'll most likely be in Canada.  If I can get my three friends with Virago's we'll take a ride there.  We'll most likely come over the Blue Water Bridge or take the ferry from Marine City to the Canadian side.  We'll have to get to together.

When I figure out how to post Private Messages here.  I'll give you my email address.
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE

ok my friend,surely is a small world,thanks again,i am hopeing to get on road this spring,things are a bit tight right now.il keep my fingers crossed.😊

http://yamaha-virago.17922.x6.nabble.com/1986-yamaha-xv1100-virago-cylinderhead-cover-tp5011960p5011969.html
To unsubscribe from 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover, click here.
NAML

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

ViragoJoe
Lance,
I tried to email you from Nabble and it wouldn't let me for some reason.  It gave me an undelivered response and there is no private messaging that I could find on Nabble.

Go over to this site and register: https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/index.php?sid=f3a794940828596dd35b82dcda8b1e1a
It has private messaging capabilities.  We can swap email addresses there.  Let me know when you get registered and what screen name you used.  Keep it as Lance if you like.
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

ViragoJoe

Re: 1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE

hi,i did find a salvage that has the part with the grommits intact for $40.thanks for your help.