1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

1986 yamaha xv1100 virago cylinderhead cover

LANCE
hi guys or girls.i have a 1986 xv1100,and I am having a heck of a time locating a cylinder head cover with intact rubber gromits.im limited to London Ontario and cant find the gaskets at any dealer or salvage place here.the dealers say they don't make them anymore.and I don't have a credit card so it kind of makes it even harder.was wondering is there a way around this?do I need the metal cover with the gromits inside or will it seal by using just the metal washers already on it.i guess they call them gaskets as well.someone please help.heres a few pics and a diagram.im new at this.i think I did everything right to receive emails from this forum,but if not,please send your thoughts or ideas to ll.meikle@outlook.com