83 xv920mk timing chain replacement

marvin75
hi all I just bought this bike a week ago and just got started working on it. It had sat for 2 years and the previous owner said it didn't have any get up and go. got it started and found that cylinder 1 is blowing out of the carb instead of sucking into the cylinder. opened the timing cover for that cylinder and found the chain is broke. does any one know how to install a new chain? feel like I got ripped off for $900.
just want to ride this classic.
81 Honda Goldwing 1100i
83 Yamaha virago zv920mk

Re: 83 xv920mk timing chain replacement

ViragoJoe
Marvin,
Download the service manual you need.  It'll make things easier to understand and what you need to do.

https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=575&start=20

Good Luck!
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special