Battery

Peterparker3169
Have an 85 xv700. Have a brand new battery but wont stay charged. Any help please.

Re: Battery

ViragoJoe

Could be that you have a bad Regulator/Rectifier or stator.  You will need to test them to know for sure.
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

Re: Battery

Peterparker3169
Ok well it was the voltage regulator. It shorted out blew main fuse then when I changed fuses it started in fire. Got new regulator in mail n holding charge now.

Thanks
Jamie

Could be that you have a bad Regulator/Rectifier or stator.  You will need to test them to know for sure.
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special

http://yamaha-virago.17922.x6.nabble.com/Battery-tp5012010p5012013.html
To unsubscribe from Battery, click here.
NAML