Float bowl removal

jjfish
I'm sure this question has been asked before but the search function doesn't help.

I have the carbs out on my 1989 1100 virago. The book say not to separate the carbs, but I don;t see how to get the float bowls off without removing the throttle assembly. It appears it's the throttle assembly that's holding the carbs together. Am I missing something here? Four screws hold the throttle assembly on. I don't see any other attachment points to keep the two carbs together.