Full gasket set - rebuilding 1990 Virago 1100

Full gasket set - rebuilding 1990 Virago 1100

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
I'm in the processof rebuilding the engine on a 1990 Virago 1100. I've got
the engine completely torn down and ready to reassemble now. I'm looking
for a gasket kit... I've found that Vesrah sells a full gasket kit for
about $100 and LuckyBike sells a full gasket kit for $150. If I were to buy
OEM gaskets from Yamaha it would cost almost $400 (buying from
Partzilla.com)

A few years ago I used Vesrah gaskets the rebuild the top end of my Virago
750. It was an unpleasant experience because the gaskets were not the same
quality or the same size as OEM Yamaha. For example the valve cover O-rings
were 8% smaller in diameter causing the valve covers to leak oil.

So I'm leaning towards OEM gaskets this time even though the cost is much
higher.

Does anybody have experience with LuckyBike gaskets or know of any other
options for full gasket sets?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Full gasket set - rebuilding 1990 Virago 1100

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Not familiar with Lucky bike. Might try Athena for a gasket set.

Bill