Need pickup coil 98 XV 1100

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Having trouble finding this part. eBay stuff is incorrectly labeled as fitting a 98 but are actually  4 wire 2 pickup systems.  I need two wire single unit. Any offers or suggestions?
Thx
Jim

Sent from my iPad

Re: Need pickup coil 98 XV 1100

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Here's the part number you need.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-3JK-81670-00-00.html
Try a mc salvage yard or have the vendor check the part number. How do
you know your PU is bad?

On 7/3/2016 5:52 PM, James Moore [hidden email] [ViragoTech] wrote:

> Having trouble finding this part. eBay stuff is incorrectly labeled as
> fitting a 98 but are actually 4 wire 2 pickup systems. I need two wire
> single unit. Any offers or suggestions?
> Thx
> Jim
>
> Sent from my iPad

Re: Need pickup coil 98 XV 1100

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Thx Bill. Found one on eBay for $45.

Resistance reads 39 ohms (initially) then suddenly jumps to infinity .  Spec is 202 ohms .  One of the wires leading from this unit was partially melted and shorted to exhaust . Based on these readings and the short, I am assuming that is why bike is suddenly running poorly.

Stator resistance readings are ok.

Jim

Sent from my iPad