Re: virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot change gear but sh...

Re: virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot change gear but sh...

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list

You ARE just READING to LOUD  ---

In a message dated 12/3/2016 12:03:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

Why are you shouting at us?

JUST  PUT "DARK GLASSES ON"

On Dec 3, 2016 4:54 AM, "RSH Web Services  [hidden email] [ViragoTech]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

Why are you shouting at us?

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO MY 1100 RECENTLY DROPPED INTO 4TH GEAR TO PASS A  CAR
AND THERE IT STAYED I STOPPED TO TAKE CARE OF THE BUSINESS AFTER A  LITTLE
ROCKING ROAD HOME IN 4TH GEAR ORDERED RIGHT CASE GASKET AND PULLED  LINKAGE
ROCKED THE WHEEL TO MAKE SURE INTERNAL LINKAGE WORKED PROPERLY AND  PULLED
SHIFT LINKAGE FROM PARTS BIKE BIKE AND REASSEMBLED YOU MUST SET IN  NEUTRAL .
WORST CASE SCENARIO BENT OR BROKEN SYNCHRONIZER COMPLETE ENGINE  CASE SPLIT.
NOT A TECH BUT LOVE MY VIRAGO AND HAVE A MANUAL

____________________________________

[hidden email]  <[hidden email]> on behalf of
Alfred Machon  [hidden email] [ViragoTech]
<[hidden email]>

Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 5:41 PM

To: [hidden email]; Bill Stigall

Subject: [ViragoTech] virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot  change gear
but shifter pedal and spline appears to be moving

Bill wonder if you can help me . i have a virago 1100 that is stuck  in
gear and the shifter is moving externally with the splined shaft  responding to
the pedal but cannot get it out of the gear it is in. the  clutch appeared
to be working as it should. any assistance with where or  what to look for
would be appreciated.

regards Alfie

Web Hosting Services

Domain Name Registration

_http://rshweb.com_ (http://rshweb.com/)

_http://domain.rshweb.com_ (http://domain.rshweb.com/)

RSH Web Services

RSH Web Services

Re: virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot change gear but sh...

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
can u say jerk

>You ARE just READING to LOUD ---
>

>In a message dated 12/3/2016 12:03:49 P.M.
>Pacific Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:
>

>Why are you shouting at us?
>

>JUST PUT "DARK GLASSES ON"
>
>On Dec 3, 2016 4:54 AM, "RSH Web Services
>[hidden email] [ViragoTech]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Why are you shouting at us?
>

>I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO MY 1100 RECENTLY DROPPED
>INTO 4TH GEAR TO PASS A CAR AND THERE IT STAYED
>I STOPPED TO TAKE CARE OF THE BUSINESS AFTER A
>LITTLE ROCKING ROAD HOME IN 4TH GEAR ORDERED
>RIGHT CASE GASKET AND PULLED LINKAGE ROCKED THE
>WHEEL TO MAKE SURE INTERNAL LINKAGE WORKED
>PROPERLY AND PULLED SHIFT LINKAGE FROM PARTS
>BIKE BIKE AND REASSEMBLED YOU MUST SET IN
>NEUTRAL . WORST CASE SCENARIO BENT OR BROKEN
>SYNCHRONIZER COMPLETE ENGINE CASE SPLIT. NOT A
>TECH BUT LOVE MY VIRAGO AND HAVE A MANUAL
>

>----------

Web Hosting Services
Domain Name Registration
http://rshweb.com
http://domain.rshweb.com

RSH Web Services

Re: virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot change gear but sh...

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list

Just LOOK in a Mirror and repeat after YOURSELF ---  "can you say jerk"

P.S.
All "caps" make TEXT easier to read sometimes --- DEAL  WITH IT ---

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Why are you shouting at us?

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO MY 1100 RECENTLY DROPPED INTO 4TH GEAR TO  PASS A CAR
AND THERE IT STAYED I STOPPED TO TAKE CARE OF THE BUSINESS  AFTER A LITTLE
ROCKING ROAD HOME IN 4TH GEAR ORDERED RIGHT CASE GASKET  AND PULLED LINKAGE
ROCKED THE WHEEL TO MAKE SURE INTERNAL LINKAGE  WORKED PROPERLY AND PULLED
SHIFT LINKAGE FROM PARTS BIKE BIKE AND  REASSEMBLED YOU MUST SET IN NEUTRAL .
WORST CASE SCENARIO BENT OR  BROKEN SYNCHRONIZER COMPLETE ENGINE CASE SPLIT.
NOT A TECH BUT LOVE MY  VIRAGO AND HAVE A MANUAL

____________________________________

Re: virago xv1100 1991 stuck in gear cannot change gear but sh...

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Only if your a blind old person
And if thats the case what you doing with a bike
Got to be one scary place you live

Web Hosting Services
Domain Name Registration
http://rshweb.com