Restoring a Virago XV1100 in Oz is a tough ride .....

BJ

Restoring a Virago XV1100 in Oz is a tough ride .....

BJ
Cant believe the availability of quality second hand XV1100 parts in the US and Europe on eBay.

Parts for these critters in Western Australia are as rare as chooks teeth.
And if any come up - blokes jump on em .... so you've got to be constantly searching out the local market.
Freight costs from US are unbelievably high and our dollar is about 74c so the conversion makes things even dearer.

I can understand US sellers not wanting to ship over such long distances.
But its darn frustrating when you cant replace your old worn out bits ..... :(
The model seems to be popular in the US ..... I think Sport Bikes are more the go here.

Re: Restoring a Virago XV1100 in Oz is a tough ride .....

ViragoJoe
Hey BJ,
If you do need Chooks Teeth, I think they ship pretty cheap from the U.S.A.

Can't guess what the U.K. may charge to get them to Oz.

I know you really needed that, Right!!

Guess who?!! LOL
ViragoJoe
1996 Virago 1100 Special
BJ

Re: Restoring a Virago XV1100 in Oz is a tough ride .....

BJ
He he ..... nice one mate - actually UK shipping costs are quite cheap - think they might work it into the purchase price - or maybe they're working hard at the moment to get international sales ..... not sure but it is an attractive market for buyers in OZ

Re: Restoring a Virago XV1100 in Oz is a tough ride .....

long
I have a 86 1100 here that i will sell some parts off there not great but i may have what you are after im in NZL.
You can email me at longnitemals@gmail.com if you want to see if i have the parts you want.
Gary