Starter clutch part is tight.

Scaredycat
I am afraid. Very afraid.   I have just received the second starter clutch for my 1996 virago 1100.  The fit onto the starter shaft is so tight that it would take some pounding to drive it into place.  The original clutch stripped out and would no longer engage but it slipped off easily when I removed it. Is this starter clutch supposed to be that tight on the starter motor shaft. It just seems contrary to lining up the clutch end with the splines.  Anyone out there have any idea?

Re: Starter clutch part is tight.

Bills86e
After market parts are crap.

Re: Starter clutch part is tight.

jack lay
Had same problem. Used fine Emory paper and hand honed bushing until it slipped on easily and turned freely. It was an aftermarket part but seemed ok other than fitup.