Quantcast

Virago 750- Speedometer

Gilad
So, I just got my 1997 Virago 750. Its a beautiful bike has no problems.
The other day I was riding and noticed that the Speedometer stopped working. So, I pulled over and saw that the cable in the wheel was not connected; But after connecting it still not working.
The lights and RPM Meter works fine.
Any suggestions?
I though about installing a digital speedometer instead, what do you think about it? How expensive and complicated can it be?

Thanks

Re: Virago 750- Speedometer

bill.stigall
Pull off the front wheel and check the plastic gear inside that drives the speedometer cable. Also, make sure the end of the speedometer cable isn't broken off. There should be a bolt and U clip that holds the speedometer cable in place, make sure it hasn't been lost. Parts are available, repair the bike and keep it looking nice.