What size are the Clutch Basket and crankshaft nuts

What size are the Clutch Basket and crankshaft nuts

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
HI Guys,

I'm in the process of installing a new crankshaft in my 1990 XV110 Virago.
I'm to the point where I needs to remove the clutch basket and crankshaft.
I have to order the sockets to do that since they are much bigger than my
tool set. I have a 22 mm for the fly wheel side of the crankshaft but I
need the socket for the other end of the fly wheel - the right side of the
engine.

My question - what are the nut sizes for each?

I think the clutch basket is a 30mm and the flywheel is 36mm.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks,
-steve

Re: What size are the Clutch Basket and crankshaft nuts

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list

Try measuring them with a MM scale ---

Corona Geezer

On Sep 3, 2016 12:26 PM, "Rustee Gold [hidden email] [ViragoTech]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

HI Guys,

I'm in the process of installing a new crankshaft in my 1990 XV110 Virago. I'm to the point where I needs to remove the clutch basket and crankshaft. I have to order the sockets to do that since they are much bigger than my tool set. I have a 22 mm for the fly wheel side of the crankshaft but I need the socket for the other end of the fly wheel - the right side of the engine.

My question - what are the nut sizes for each?

I think the clutch basket is a 30mm and the flywheel is 36mm.

Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks,
-steve

Posted by: John Reinhard <[hidden email]>

www.ViragoTechForum.com

.

Re: What size are the Clutch Basket and crankshaft nuts

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Use a caliper and measure the nuts, you will need a puller. You should be able to rent both from autozone.
As for the new crankshaft, I would recommend pulling the rods, micing the journals and installing new rod bearings.

Sent from my iPhone