Xv750 needle jets [1 Attachment]

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Hi guys

I've got a 1982 xv750 and I'm rebuilding the carbs. As I was assembling
them today I noticed that the needle jets are differentbfrom each other.
I've included a picture. Is this normal? If so then they must each go in a
particular carb... Any ideas?

Thanks
Steve

Re: Xv750 needle jets

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Yeah! the one with the 4 holes goes in the front carb.

On 7/23/2016 1:51 PM, Rustee Gold [hidden email] [ViragoTech] wrote:

> [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Rustee Gold included below]
>
> Hi guys
>
> I've got a 1982 xv750 and I'm rebuilding the carbs. As I was
> assembling them today I noticed that the needle jets are
> differentbfrom each other. I've included a picture. Is this normal? If
> so then they must each go in a particular carb... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Re: Xv750 needle jets

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Thanks Bill.

I did a little research on my own since I posted the question. It appears
that the jets are only different for 1983. They seem to be the same for
earlier Viragos.

On Jul 23, 2016 5:49 PM, "Bill Stigall [hidden email]
[ViragoTech]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah! the one with the 4 holes goes in the front carb.
>
> On 7/23/2016 1:51 PM, Rustee Gold [hidden email] [ViragoTech] wrote:
>

> Hi guys
>
> I've got a 1982 xv750 and I'm rebuilding the carbs. As I was assembling
> them today I noticed that the needle jets are differentbfrom each other.
> I've included a picture. Is this normal? If so then they must each go in a
> particular carb... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Re: Xv750 needle jets

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
Robert

Thanks for your input. I reread the manual and saw the differences in main
jets, needle jets and needles. I have the right needles and the right
needle jets but the manual calls fot 128 & 132 for the main jets and my
bike has 122 for both mains. So I guess I need to get the right jets.

Does anybody know whete I can get some main jets?

Thanks
Steve

On Jul 23, 2016 6:02 PM, "Rustee Gold" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Bill.

I did a little research on my own since I posted the question. It appears
that the jets are only different for 1983. They seem to be the same for
earlier Viragos.

On Jul 23, 2016 5:49 PM, "Bill Stigall [hidden email]
[ViragoTech]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah! the one with the 4 holes goes in the front carb.
>
> On 7/23/2016 1:51 PM, Rustee Gold [hidden email] [ViragoTech] wrote:
>

> Hi guys
>
> I've got a 1982 xv750 and I'm rebuilding the carbs. As I was assembling
> them today I noticed that the needle jets are differentbfrom each other.
> I've included a picture. Is this normal? If so then they must each go in a
> particular carb... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Re: Xv750 needle jets

Virago Tech Archive (YahooGroups) mailing list
That's an error in the service manuals, 122 mains are the correct jets
for 81-83 750's